Due to social distancing restrictions, we no longer have drop-off events where volunteers look over your things as you bring them. We ask donors to leave their donations in our van (to minimize interaction).
Please double-check the list of what we can and cannot accept (posted below) before bringing things to our drop-off days, or email email@example.com if you aren't sure about something.
Drop-off locations may vary depending on what and how much you have to donate.
Housewares and non-clothing donation drop-offs will happen outside our store location at specific times (never on days the store is open!)
Clothing drop-offs will be scheduled when our lockers have space at North Star Mini Storage. Drop-off amounts will be limited.
DO NOT contact North Star - they do not take things on our behalf - please contact us directly
We accept drop-offs of up to 4 boxes of housewares and other non-clothing items from our acceptable list (see below) every Tuesday and Wednesday after 10:00am and before 2:00pm. You can bring these things and put them in the van parked in front of our store
ABSOLUTELY NO CLOTHING!
We are also accepting housewares Sunday, May 9th after 11am and before 2pm
We will accept ONE BAG of clothing on Sunday, May 16th. Drop your bag in the back of our store van, which will be parked outside North Star Mini Storage (106 Titanium Way) after 11am and before 2pm.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable. Email us in advance (with a picture is best) to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate please contact us well in advance to make special arrangements. We have extremely limited storage space but will do our best to accommodate you.
We have volunteers who can pick up donations from your home, but again we need to know well in advance to coordinate a pick-up.
We cannot take any clothing until May
We welcome the following:
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Books: one box per drop-off
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Clothes for men, women and children: clean and in good condition. The amounts we can accept are restricted as our clothing lockers may be at capacity.
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Office and school supplies (but no binders - they don't sell)
- Pet supplies: small items only, no foods
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
Please DO NOT bring items that are not on this list without checking first.
The following items we never take:
- Fabric masks
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items, cosmetics, soaps, shampoos
- Old fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc), including light fixtures
- Large furniture or appliances
- Helmets or sports equipment
- Life jackets
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc
- Printers, computers and monitors, old style TVs (flat screen is okay)
- Ironing boards (they do not sell)
- Binders (they do not sell)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first