When you email to make an appointment we will send you the next available dates. Once you have an appointment booked we will send you directions to our warehouse.
At this point we are asking people to hold onto their donations until January when we are going to need things again.
Please double-check the list of what we can and cannot accept (posted below) before bringing things, or email email@example.com if you aren't sure about something. We DO NOT have a dumpster at our warehouse and you will be asked to take away anything we can't accept.
We have a warehouse location in Kulan where all donations need to go.
When you schedule an appointment by email we will give you directions to our warehouse. Our staff and volunteers are ONLY there during scheduled appointment times. To stay on good terms with our neighbours and landlords we cannot have people leaving donations outside the building.
Please hold onto your donations until January if you can!
For donation appointments, please email:
We generally make appointments at our warehouse on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 1-3 weeks in advance, depending how many requests we get.
If you can't make it to a weekday appointment, or to our warehouse location in Kulan, we have volunteers who can coordinate a pick-up.
We DO NOT take donations while the store is open!
Whether we schedule clothing drop-off days depends on how much clothing we are getting by appointment.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable. Email us in advance (with a picture is best) to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate please contact us well in advance (at least 2 weeks) to make special arrangements. We will do our best to accommodate you if space allows.
We can pick up donations from your home, but we need to know well in advance to coordinate with our volunteers and make sure we have enough space.
We welcome the following:
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Books: one box or less, please. We take novels, current non-fiction, cookbooks and craft books, some children's books. (No textbooks, reference , spiritual, outdated diet, health or exercise books)
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Clothes for men, women and children: clean and in good condition. Limit of 2 standard black garbage bags or equivalent per appointment, please.
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Office and school supplies (but no binders - they don't sell)
- Pet supplies: small items only, no foods
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
- Toys - we are overrun with toys at the moment and will not be able to take any more until January.
Please DO NOT bring items that are not on this list without checking first.
The following items we never take:
- Face masks
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols of any kind
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items
- Cosmetics, soaps, shampoos or anything with 'ingredients', even unopened. These are regulated by the CFIA.
- Hardwired fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc), including light fixtures
- Large furniture or appliances
- Helmets (they expire) or sports equipment (we don't have room)
- Life jackets (they expire)
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc (there are too many regulations about reselling these things)
- Printers and computers (Raven Recycling takes some kinds for Computers for Schools)
- Ironing boards (they do not sell)
- Binders (they do not sell)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first