We have a structured intake system that is intended to help the thrift store be sustainable for the long run and be a clear and comfortable process for you.
We have set out the criteria of what we can take and what we can't on this page.
We ask you to look at your potential donations carefully before you bring them to ensure they match what we can accept. When you come in our volunteers will lightly look through your items to ensure they are a match for our criteria.
Drop-off locations may vary depending on what and how much you have to donate.
Scroll down for Donation Criteria
(What we can and can't take)
We are fully booked with donation appointments for the rest of August. Please check back after August 15th when we will begin taking appointments for September.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable, but please call or email us in advance to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate (more than 2 boxes) please contact us to make special arrangements. We have extremely limited storage space but we will do our best to accommodate you.
PLEASE follow our intake list. If you bring things we can't sell right now they go to recycling or the dumpster (and make a lot of extra work for me)
We welcome the following (this list may change based on storage space and what others bring each week):
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Books: less than a dozen at a time
- Camping and outdoor: small and medium size items only. We have very limited space.
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Clothing : Maximum two bags per drop-off of clean, undamaged items and preferably in season.
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games (no VHS tapes)
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Gardening & Patio: small and medium size items only. Please call if unsure.
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
Please DO NOT bring items that are not this list without checking first.
At this time we are unable to accept binders, VHS and cassette tapes, children's clothes, Christmas and holiday items, winter gear
The following items we never take:
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items
- Old fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc)
- Helmets or sports equipment
- Life jackets
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc
- Printers, computers and monitors, old style TVs (flat screen is okay)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first