Due to social distancing restrictions, we no longer have drop-off events where volunteers look over your things as you bring them. We arrange appointments by email and schedule a time to leave your donations in our store van (to minimize interaction).
When the appointment is made by email we will ask you to double-check the list of what we can and cannot accept (posted below) and to give us an idea of how much you will be bringing.
Drop-off locations may vary depending on what and how much you have to donate. Most donation drop-offs will happen outside our store location by appointment (never on days the store is open!)
There may be occasions when you are asked to drop your donations off at our storage location
Scroll down for Donation Criteria
(What we can and can't take)
To book an appointment please email email@example.com
We cannot accept any more clothing until further notice.
We are making appointments (approx a week in advance) to receive housewares and other non-clothing items from our list at the bottom of this page.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable. Email us in advance (with a picture is best) to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate please contact us well in advance to make special arrangements. We have extremely limited storage space but will do our best to accommodate you.
We have volunteers who can pick up donations from your home, but again we need to know well in advance to coordinate a pick-up.
We cannot take any clothing except winter outerwear until further notice
We welcome the following:
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Books: one box per drop-off
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games (no VHS tapes)
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Office and school supplies (but no binders - they don't sell)
- Pet supplies: small items only, no foods
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
Please DO NOT bring items that are not on this list without checking first.
The following items we never take:
- Fabric masks
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items, cosmetics, soaps, shampoos
- Old fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc), including light fixtures
- Large furniture or appliances
- Helmets or sports equipment
- Life jackets
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc
- Printers, computers and monitors, old style TVs (flat screen is okay)
- Ironing boards (they do not sell)
- Binders (they do not sell)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first