We have a structured intake system that is intended to help the thrift store be sustainable for the long run and be a clear and comfortable process for you.
We have set out the criteria of what we can take and what we can't on this page.
We ask you to look at your potential donations carefully before you bring them to ensure they match what we can accept. When you come in our volunteers will lightly look through your items to ensure they are a match for our criteria.
Drop-off locations may vary depending on what and how much you have to donate. Most donation drop-offs will happen at our store location by appointment (never on days the store is open!)
There may be occasions when you might be asked to drop your donations off at our storage location
Scroll down for Donation Criteria
(What we can and can't take)
We are now making donation drop-off appointments for October. To book an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have large amounts to donate please make that clear in your email. It may affect when and where we can accept your things.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable, email us in advance (with a picture is best) to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate (more than 4 boxes) please contact us well in advance to make special arrangements. We have extremely limited storage space but will do our best to accommodate you.
PLEASE follow our intake list.
(Note: We are no longer taking summer items)
We welcome the following (this list may change based on storage space and what others bring each week):
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Books: less than a dozen per drop-off, please
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Clothing : Maximum two bags per drop-off of clean, undamaged items. No more summer clothes, winter gear is now being accepted.
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games (no VHS tapes)
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Office and school supplies (but no binders - they don't sell)
- Pet supplies: small items only, no foods
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
Please DO NOT bring items that are not on this list without checking first.
At this time we are unable to accept binders, VHS and cassette tapes. Beginning in September we can accept children's clothes, Thanksgiving and Halloween items. No Christmas items until October, please.
The following items we never take:
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items, cosmetics, soaps, shampoos
- Old fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc)
- Large furniture or appliances, including ironing boards
- Helmets or sports equipment
- Life jackets
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc
- Printers, computers and monitors, old style TVs (flat screen is okay)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first