We have a structured intake system that is intended to help the thrift store be sustainable for the long run and be a clear and comfortable process for you.
We have set out the criteria of what we can take and what we can't on this page.
We ask you to look at your potential donations carefully before you bring them to ensure they match what we can accept. When you come in our volunteers will lightly look through your items to ensure they are a match for our criteria.
Drop-off locations may vary depending on what and how much you have to donate. Please contact us by email for an appointment and we will make arrangements accordingly.
Scroll down for Donation Criteria
(What we can and can't take)
Due to a number of rescheduled appointments, we now have some donation dates available for the last week of July. We are also accepting donation drop-off appointments for August. Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
WCTS cannot accept donations of large furniture. Small furniture may be acceptable, but please call or email us in advance to see if we have the space in our store.
If you are moving or have large amounts to donate (more than 2 boxes) please contact us to make special arrangements. We have extremely limited storage space but we will do our best to accommodate you.
PLEASE follow our intake list. We have one person sorting donations where we used to have a dozen sorters. When I get things that we are not accepting right now, I have to discard them. We have nowhere to store them, and it makes a lot of extra work for me to sort them out and transport them to recycling or the dumpster.
We welcome the following (this list may change based on storage space and what others bring each week):
- Accessories: purses, scarves, ties, etc
- Appliances: small, household only, and working
- Books: in small quantities
- Camping and outdoor: small and medium size items only. We have very limited space.
- CDs, records (no cassette tapes)
- Clothing : Maximum two bags per drop-off of clean, undamaged items and preferably in season.
- Craft supplies: yarn, fabric, art supplies, etc
- Décor: clocks, lamps, pictures and frames, undamaged knick-knacks, etc
- DVDs, video games (no VHS tapes)
- Electronics, small household only (radios, clocks, phones, etc)
- Housewares: no cracks, chips or damaged items (dishes, utensils, etc)
- Gardening & Patio: small and medium size items only. Please call if unsure.
- Linens: no holes or stains (bedding, curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc)
- Bags, backpacks & luggage: clean, with no holes, missing handles or broken zippers
- Rugs: clean, no stains or fraying
- Shoes and boots: in good condition and preferably in season
- Tools: household only
Please DO NOT bring items that are not on our requested list (above) without checking first. We do not have room to store off-season items (like Christmas stuff) or anything that does not sell quickly.
The following items we never take:
- Food of any kind (including tea and spices)
- Liquids, gels or aerosols
- Microwaves or UV lights (anything that emits radiation)
- Personal hygiene items
- Old fixtures from home improvement projects (plumbing, electrical, etc)
- Helmets of any kind
- Life jackets
- Baby car seats, strollers, playpens, baby gates, high chairs, etc
- Printers, computers and monitors, old style TVs (flat screen is okay)
If it's not on this list but you have any doubts please check with us first